Monday 30 March 2009

waiting

Etsy is down when I need it dearly. Not to post new items, but to window shop and distract myself. I tell myself that browsing etsy inspires me and so isn't just window shopping...but essentially I just want to burn some time. I'm waiting by the phone to hear if I have a new job or not and I really really really want it.

I think I'll go back to reading my book. I'm reading the summer book by Tove Jansson. Tove is better known for the Moomin stories...which I'm sure that anyone who is vaguely interested in whimsical books, design, or graphic novels, is well aware of and in love with. The moomins would make everything seem okay right now! But the summer book is great too. It's aimed at adults (although the moomin books are definately suitable for adults too!!) She tells the story of a little girl and her grandma living on an island for the summer. It reminds me a little bit of the books I've been reading by Amelie Nothomb, mainly because the main character is a young girl and we're treated to a view of the world from their creative little eyes. The grandma character in the summer book is great too, her human faults are laid bare and the book feels very real.



x x x x

No comments: