Thursday 17 February 2011

sewing machine

I rarely use my trusty sewing machine. It's seen better days; I inherited it from my mum (that makes it sound like she's dead, which she is not!), and it could probably do with a service, but it still goes fine so I should put it to more use.

With this in mind I've been eying up the new Meet Me At Mike's book, called Sew La Tea Do, at work. It's a beaut and has a couple of very easy very wearable dresses in it (along with lots of cute kid's, men's, and house stuffs).



I'm not one to buy expensive sewing books; all of the books in my sewing library cost under £5 from the market or charity shops. So I've been browsing dress patterns on etsy but I'm struggling to find exactly what I want.

This one's cute but I'd like something simpler...



http://www.etsy.com/people/historicallypatterns?ref=ls_profile

I'm sure I'll find time to sew myself something soon, just as soon as I've achieved brooch world domination

x x x x x

No comments: